Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rez's Arsenal: Teaser AK

In Residue Rez will be working a new piece of kit (as always) and I have been wanting to get it drawn for quite awhile now. I seriously considered buying an AK variant of some kind myself not long ago and have been on an AK kick of sorts ever since. Of course, those kinds of obsessions always find a way into my writing somehow. I suppose most authors live vicariously through their characters. In Residue things start to get a little bit ugly and Rez grows impatient waiting for results that don't seem to be coming. Going on the offensive is a technique that always seems to be waiting patiently at the top of Rez's tool box, understanding of his socially prudent approaches, but ready when the stick is deemed more appropriate than the carrot.

So I offer this teaser. Like everything I do, it is two projects in one, or three, or four, so somethings need changing. This line art was based on the 5.56 variant as you can tell by the magazine. Rez will be using the classic 7.62 in the book so I'll be changing the mag and throwing in a few other details specific to the weapon Rez uses. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment